Take 3 and complete
Monday, 13 Nov.
❚ take returns a new stream of at most amount values:
- When the input stream emits its n-th value:
- if n < amount, the event can pass
- if n == amount, the event can pass and the stream immediately completes
What does “the stream completes” mean? As a reminder, a stream is a sequence of events over time. And you can subscribe to a stream, using a listener. Let’s dive into the details now:
- A stream can emit three kinds of events:
× error: e
◉ complete notification
- After an
× error: e or a
◉ complete notification, nothing else is emitted by the stream.
- A listener can receive those three kinds of events. So, it can consume the values, handle an error and act upon completion of the subscribed stream.
takeLast vs take
take vs last
💌 I create something new each week!
Learn Reactive Programming and stay tuned.